Choosing the Right Hardwood Floor Color
Choosing the Right Hardwood Floor Color3 June, 2012 | 18:48 | Olya Ianovskaia
Today, wood flooring is available in so many colors that there probably exists a product to match just about any wild designer idea. While being creative and pushing the boundaries of traditional design are always welcome, it’s still important to keep to certain guidelines in order to avoid making some costly and embarrassing flooring fashion mistakes. Here are some simple but powerful tips to keep mind when deciding on a wood floor color for your renovations project.
Tips for Choosing the Right Color for Your Hardwood Floor
- Room size, ceiling height, color and texture of walls and furniture should be your primary considerations when choosing a wood floor color. The colors must complement each other in order for an overall final design to be successful.
- Avoid using dark colored floors in small rooms with dark walls, as it will make the room look gloomy and dense.
- While darker shades usually translate into a more formal look, they also bring out the warmth in other elements of décor.
- If the room has a low ceiling, go with light colored walls and light flooring color.
- If ability to conceal scratches, small dents and dust is a must, go for natural colored hardwood floors in matte finishes.
- Remember that color of your floor should not match (or be identical to) the color of your furniture or walls. Go with colors that contrast and complement each other.
- When choosing the color for your wood floor, take full advantage of flooring samples. While photos of interiors and virtual decorator software may give you a general idea of what the end result might be, nothing will inform your decision better than seeing the floor color on-site, in natural light.
- If you prefer a classic look, go with natural unstained wood or traditional shades of brown, such as chestnut (gunstock) or walnut stains.
- Dark and black tones are a popular choice for chic and modern interiors, artists’ studios or urban condos.
- Bold and deep colors, such as various shades of red (think natural Jatoba or Santos Mahogany, or oak and ash stained in similar colors), add character to offices, public interiors and other spaces, where large open space makes flooring a central element of décor.
Learning to think of flooring as an indispensable element of décor is absolutely necessary in order to pick the best possible wood floor color. While personal preference is very important, it should not always be a deciding factor, and limitations of room size, style and existing colors should be given proper consideration.
Coswick hardwood flooring comes in a wide range of colors, surface styles and finishes, and there is a perfect floor for any interior. Browse our flooring colors to find one that’s right for you. Found a floor you like? Order a free sample and have it shipped to your home free of charge.
3615 Laird Road Unit 9 Mississauga, ON, L5L5Z8 Canada
email@example.com • 905-569-3389
If you enjoyed this post, please share it!
Coswick Hardwood Inc warrants its products, in their original manufactured condition, to be free from defects in milling...
Where to Buy
Coswick flooring can be bought from any of our authorized dealers and resellers across Europe and North America.
Free Flooring Samples!
Order up to 4 (four) samples of Coswick hardwood flooring and have them delivered to your door free of charge!